Orion Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Metropolitan Police Force Application (kaye aka dragon)

+3
Davie
ChipChip
kaye
7 posters

Go down

Metropolitan Police Force Application (kaye aka dragon) Empty Metropolitan Police Force Application (kaye aka dragon)

Post by kaye Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:19 pm

Out Of Character

What is your average total play time on our server?: Around four to five days.

What makes you want to join the force?: I would like to experience what it is like on different servers as a Metropolitan Police Force, also to assist if need be during Waivers and whatnot else.

Have you been on the MPF force on any other server? If so, what rank did you reach?: The highest rank I have ever accumulated on my time of Half Life Two roleplay was Divisional Leader of PHANTOM. The server was Final Phase Roleplay, and has been down for a long time.

What is your experience on HL2RP as a whole?: As a whole, my experience on half life two roleplay has been fairly.. okay, since servers are different, I've seen asspully rebels, metagaming Metropolice, powergame and all sorts of stuff which I shouldn't see. But putting that aside, I've had my fair share of servers and have been playing since Open Aura.

15 line RP example as a CCA unit. (GRID example below.)
** C17:CCA-GRID.05.05924 placed down the small satchel bag filled with metallic tools. He'd take out what appeared to be a small screwdriver; opening the small cache which contained a SIG Sauer P229R Pistol. He firstly ejected the magazine and promptly set it aside, using the basic functional knowledge he had, which was to have already started with the pistol field strip, mag out, chamber empty and grips off. Firstly, he decocked the hammer on the backslide of the Weapon, placing his finger afterwards on the hook mechanism, removing the decock lever. He placed his thumb on the pin and started to push it out, to remove the safety sear and safety lever, unhooking the spring whilst paying close attention to the spring. He took out the safety sear, setting it off to the side. He took up his small flathead screwdriver, moving to remove the trigger bag spring, to make it easy before he moved onto remove the hammer system. He grabbed ahold of the small pin, then unhooked it as an easier method. He released tension from the spring, the main one to be specific, taking ahold of the hammer strut and spring. He pushed the flathead screwdriver, up and out. The hammer strut and main spring fell out. Just below the where the hammer would have situated, he pushed a pin out directly underneath it. Moving on, in the manner most prompt to this situation, he proceeded to move on to the locking block and trigger system. He moved the Takedown Lever down so its area was facing downward, carefully jiggling it out. He rotated the lever into the up position, pulling it through the hole. He used the flat spot on the takedown lever to compress the spring, then rotated the lever once more into the down position to compress the spring. Proceeding, he pulled it out completely. All that appeared to be left was the base and the trigger system.
----
** John Shepherd began to run, prominent. He appeared to be heading somewhere most likely important.
** C17:CCA-GRID.05.05924 yells "<:: Civilian--! Hold it right there!",
** John Shepherd stopped dead in his tracks, due to the armed Unit telling him to hault. They turned around to face the Unit, as they approached.
** C17:CCA-GRID.05.05924 obviously did approach. He'd gulp and take a deep breath behind his Faceplate, although partially muffled.
** C17:CCA-GRID.05.05924 says, "<:: Uh.., Citizen..", looking around at the other Units nearby overlooking, as well as the cameras. He'd slowly unclip the stunstick, "<:: F-face the wall.."
** John Shepherd would, clearly be intimidated by the Officer. In his own fear, they would accordingly place themselves against the wall, his lower palms against the wall not raised.
** C17:CCA-GRID.05.05924 checked his stunstick, examining it for a second. He'd close his eyes and afterwhich reopen, to look at the Citizen. He'd try to be the most fearful he could be, so as to place a good enough image. Lacking confidence, he'd still appear to shake a little, before raising stunstick. He'd look back and forth at it and the Civilian, prior to flicking the voltage on the Stunstick to the low, with his thumb. By clear, he was confused on how it worked, minimally.
** John Shepherd continued to be facing against the wall. They didn't appear to resist or do anything, shaking too.
** C17:CCA-GRID.05.05924 whispers, to the Civilian. "<:: S-..sorry..", before swinging the stunstick, his eyes shut behind his darkened visors on the faceplate which primarily concealed his face. The Stunstick collided with the Civilians' upperback, sending an electrical volt straight through him.
** John Shepherd is knocked forward by the sudden voltage injecting his body. He'd promptly try to keep his posture, but was clearly in pain. "Augh!", he'd let out. Audibly, he'd try to contain himself.
** C17:CCA-GRID.05.05924 lowered the stunstick slowly. He'd appear to be phased by such brute force he committed. "<:: Al-..alright.. you can go..", he'd state, before taking a step back. He'd look down at his Stunstick, before walking off from the situation, straight to the Nexus.
** C17:CCA-GRID.05.05924 radios in "<:: Uhh.. ten seven.. I'll b-be in the barracks."
** C17:CCA-GRID.05.05924 went straight to the barracks. He'd clip the stunstick to his belt; trying to contain himself, sat on the bed which was notably his own, or a shared one perhaps. He would place the front of his faceplate in the vicinity of his hands, shaking..

In-Character

Name: Dimitri Koriyak

In-Game Description: { : | A rather tall, russian ethnic grouped individual standing at around six foot four. They were clad in the usual attire for to be considered a law-abiding Civilian under the Unions' rule. | : }

Concise Backstory (2 paragraphs, 4 lines each):
Dimitri Koriyak grew up in the Novosibirsk Central State in the Russian Federation.
His childhood was obviously rather simple, adolescence rather normal in those times in Russia. He always wished to enlist in the authoritative figure of Russia, but never came around to it. Upon the Universal Unions' arrival, he sought this as a rather fulfilling opportunity and inquired with his nearest Civil Protection Unit, having skills such as assembling and disassembling weaponry.
He could even probably make a gun or a bullet by himself if left to his own devices.

Having been relocated several times more than likely to his family and away from, to be separated, there was an opportunity for him in City Fourteen to become a long-term and most likely death inducing resistance member of the Union. He became one, although took this back by storing all his items in the base; then returning to the Civil Protection Operatives; reporting them out. He was then relocated once more to City Twelve.
Irregardless, he applied for the Metropolitan Police of City Twelve and is now awaiting relocation to Industrial Seventeen for to be accepted, moved away from his family, for their cohesion to be preserved.

Motivation For Joining: From what the propaganda states, it is my true duty to assist the Universal Union Civil Authority, hoping that I will be accepted, for the greater good, to preserve humanities' safety.

Last edited by kaye on Sat Jul 23, 2016 3:30 am; edited 2 times in total
kaye
kaye

Back to top Go down

Metropolitan Police Force Application (kaye aka dragon) Empty Re: Metropolitan Police Force Application (kaye aka dragon)

Post by ChipChip Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:04 am

I'm not sure what to say of the RP Example
Backstory. Don't know where the 2nd Paragraph starts (Spacing)
ChipChip
ChipChip

Back to top Go down

Metropolitan Police Force Application (kaye aka dragon) Empty Re: Metropolitan Police Force Application (kaye aka dragon)

Post by kaye Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:45 am

yeah i'm not good with backstories, got support from draconic anyway
and thanks for your opinion on the rp example
kaye
kaye

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:25 pm

I like it, It's well put together, and presented nicely, and as thus, you get my dank-as-fuque +Support

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by Mum Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:33 pm

Well, you reinvented the way everyone else was doing their RP examples. Even though you were a line short, very well written. Your backstory is only one paragraph, as far as I can tell right now. Meanwhile, the format requests two. I'm going to hold back on my decision until you add another paragraph.
Mum
Mum
Admin

https://orionroleplay.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Bloody Advocate Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:32 pm

On one hand, the fact it is all just one line (technically) sort of irks me. For another, it's part of a single activity and breaking it up would break up the flow. I believe I'll let that slide since you clearly know what you're doing OOCly and provided more than enough detail to be believable.

Like all applicants, I'd like a chance to see you on the server before giving a verdict.
The Bloody Advocate
The Bloody Advocate

http://lettersfromfallenlondon.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kaye Sat Jul 23, 2016 3:21 am

Wholeheartedly appreciate the reviews. The application has been editted accordingly to the best of my abilities; my apologies if I seem somewhat of a try hard. As I've been acknowledged for the staff application I made prior by Draconic; and I quote, "wonder what your cp app will be like", or something alongst those lines.
kaye
kaye

Back to top Go down

Post by Soap! Sat Jul 23, 2016 5:16 pm

Given your treatment of me last night? I wholeheartedly disagree with putting you on the CCA. If you're willing to treat me like that for no reason than "Draco is your friend." then how will you react to a position of power within the CCA? -Support
Soap!
Soap!

Back to top Go down

Post by kaye Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:14 pm

thank you soap
kaye
kaye

Back to top Go down

Post by Draconic Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:58 pm

Thank you for re-editing your application.
I love the RP example. Your unit isn't a hardass.
You have my +support.
Draconic
Draconic

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down