Orion Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vote Trusty McCoolGuy for CCA! (ACCEPTED)

4 posters

Go down

Vote Trusty McCoolGuy for CCA! (ACCEPTED) Empty Vote Trusty McCoolGuy for CCA! (ACCEPTED)

Post by Trusty McCoolguy Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:00 pm

Salutations! Good times for the CCA applications to be open.

Out Of Character

What is your average total play time on our server?

I think I'm coming up to eight or ten hours now. This is my second day, and I know that isn't much to speak of whether I'm committed or not, but I tend to be a long-term player.

What makes you want to join the force?

I would be just fine playing as a citizen for the entirety of my time here. However, I enjoy organized, clear progression, militaristic roleplay as well and the CCA always seems to fill that craving for me. I tend to run two characters, a citizen and a civil protection unit, and depending on the server's opinion of it I also have my off-duty character from time to time.

Have you been on the MPF force on any other server? If so, what rank did you reach?

Yes, I have, in fact. I've been a part of ~15 servers over my GMod roleplaying 'career'. One was Horizon (not the Last Horizon that is up now), something Zone (Hellzone? I can't say for sure), and another was R|S. I would mention Reality Gamers, my own server, but that obviously doesn't count in this case. There are more, but the majority of these were around ~2-3 years ago, and I can't remember them all very well.

In terms of rank, the highest was in R|S. In that server, the ranks functioned as follows: You go from recruit to Union 05, then to 01, and when you are promoted from 01 to the next rank you can either go up higher in Union or switch divisions to Apex, Grid, or Helix, in which case you'd go back to 05. Then after 01 you can switch again to a more advanced division.

In this process I went from Union to Apex to Nova, and on that server Nova was their teaching division which gave other units training and were responsible for actualizing promotions. I managed to get to 04 in Nova due to an event that got me promoted early, so I was still pretty early on in the division, but I essentially reached a 13th rank on that server.

What is your experience on HL2RP as a whole?

I have ~800 hours at the moment, and around ~700 of them were spent on HL2RP, on serious servers. Moreover, I'm currently 23, and since the age of 11, I've been roleplaying on various media, including and not limited to instant messengers, games (such as minecraft, furcadia, and more), drawn rp, LARPing, and so on. That's twelve years of roleplay experience, in which I've almost singlemindedly pursued becoming a better writer as well as a better roleplayer.

15 line RP example as a CCA unit.

For this, I shall use [UNIT] to replace my unit's name, as I don't know what my unit number will be. However, it would be lovely if it ended with 22. I'll also be writing her as an 05, rather than a Recruit, as it might be a little tedious to read otherwise.

[UNIT] begins to walk towards the Nexus' door, and pauses to salute smartly to a passing 01. "Sir," she acknowledges respectfully. When dismissed, she drops her 45 degree salute and adopts an at-ease posture before moving on.
[UNIT] turns the handle for the door to the Nexus once she arrives at it, closing it again behind her. She nods in satisfaction as she continues. Moving through the biosignal gate is not an entirely unpleasant feeling as it accepts her authorization to pass through.
[UNIT] comes to a gentle halt between the two barriers in front of the Nexus gate. She stands at attention, hands folded behind her back. It's a deceptively harmless looking stance, given that she keeps her stunstick close at hand.
[UNIT] remembers how she practiced flicking the stunstick out to ensure she could do it swiftly and easily, over and over, until her arm got tired. She smiles wryly under her mask as she thinks about how she'd gone on to train herself to do it with her other hand, too.
[UNIT] mentally shakes herself out of her memories, hardening her expression behind her equally cold mask. Alert for trouble, and at first unaware why, until she realizes that the citizens have started to wake up and leave the designated housing units.
[UNIT] watches carefully as the citizens mill about for brief seconds; she counts them out in her head, ready to inform them that they'd better isolate and move along. It doesn't come to that, however, as they begin to disperse without intervention.
[UNIT] turns her head as a citizen approaches her. "Hello, citizen," she greets them, carefully on guard and welcoming at the same time. She doesn't want to turn away a potential loyalist, but neither does she wish to be caught unaware by a potential rebel.
[UNIT], aware that each encounter with a citizen could go either way, nods attentively, paying close attention to the citizen's body language as well as their words. It doesn't seem as though they're looking for a fight, which relaxes her minutely as she thinks about their request.
[UNIT] says, "Perhaps you could try cleaning that wall. Something stained it, and there's some old graffiti we've been looking to get taken off. I'll fetch you a pail of water."
[UNIT] heads inside, asking another 05 to watch for her while she's gone, and gets together a bucket of warm, soapy water, and a rag. She carries this back out, handing it to the citizen. Returning to her post, the officer watches the 05 that had covered for her.
[UNIT] hears her radio go off, and then a call from a superior officer asking for a status report. She lifts one hand to activate her transmitter.
[UNIT] radioes, "[UNIT], clamping NEXHAP. status is Green. Little to no civilian activity."
[UNIT] listens to the radio attentively while gazing back over to the citizen she hooked up with the cleaning job. The background chatter of status updates and requests to go on patrol is soothing as she does.
[UNIT] nods as the citizen returns with the bucket of now-dirty water and the rag. "Citizen, apply." She pulls out her datapad and makes a note of the activity in the citizen's file, before awarding them two loyalty points. "You've been awarded two loyalty points. Good work."
[UNIT] watches the citizen head off towards D2, pleased. That had gone quite well. She continues to stand guard for a while until she's relieved by another 05, and heads back inside the Nexus. It's pleasant to have a relatively uneventful shift, that much is a fact.

In-Character

Name:

Jenna Ray

In-Game Description:

5'10" | Soft, round features | Stocky frame | Wry grin | English accent

Concise Backstory (2 paragraphs, 4 lines each):

She was a rather ordinary child growing up. She was a student with a B average, getting A's in things like chemistry and biology. She also tended to take leadership positions, having a position of mild authority when doing projects. She had a few hobbies; dancing and gymnastics, to name two. When the War happened, she was lucky to survive with her family. Her parents were quickly separated from her. It wasn't really hard to live without them, she'd had enough life skills by that point, but neither was it easy to cope with the loss at first. Falling into the rules and routine of citizen life was easy, given that loss, and she listened to the propaganda with passion in her eyes.

Jenna was found in a small warehouse full of survivors during the war, and was brought into the city pretty quickly. She has a small amount of information concerning self-defence, but not enough to pose a threat, and was allowed to live when the Combine killed those that were unsuitable. Understanding, or so she thought, that the killing was necessary to thin out the population to sustainable levels, she didn't protest. It seemed good, once she recovered from her initial shock, already acclimatized to it all. She started trying to make her own way in life, studying the officers she saw as unobtrusively as possible in an attempt to fulfill any requirements they may have. She was relocated after a while, and now... here she is.

Motivation For Joining:

Jenna is pretty pro-MPF. She's bought into the propaganda surrounding the MPF and legitimately believes that the MPF is going to help everyone, and is trying to help everyone.

Last edited by Mum on Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:06 pm; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : Fixing an error. Sorry!)
Trusty McCoolguy
Trusty McCoolguy

Back to top Go down

Vote Trusty McCoolGuy for CCA! (ACCEPTED) Empty Re: Vote Trusty McCoolGuy for CCA! (ACCEPTED)

Post by Draconic Wed Jul 06, 2016 7:14 pm

I enjoyed your RP examples. Your back story was somewhat short, however the application is still excellent.
+Support.
Draconic
Draconic

Back to top Go down

Vote Trusty McCoolGuy for CCA! (ACCEPTED) Empty Re: Vote Trusty McCoolGuy for CCA! (ACCEPTED)

Post by Trusty McCoolguy Wed Jul 06, 2016 7:19 pm

EDIT: Whoops. Lines in the text box aren't as long as lines in the post. Fixed!

Thanks!
Trusty McCoolguy
Trusty McCoolguy

Back to top Go down

Post by Kai Wadley Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:22 am

I know I am some nobody, but his app is great! +support

Kai Wadley

Back to top Go down

Post by Mum Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:06 pm

A+++ Accepted
Mum
Mum
Admin

https://orionroleplay.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum